Nina Simone: I Put A Spell On You (Blu-Ray Pure Audio Only) 2014 96kHz/24-bit VERY RARE
Universal Music Group has gone back to the original master tapes to deliver fully uncompressed, high-resolution versions of many of your favorite albums on Blu-ray Pure Audio Disc. Mastered at 24bit/96kHz, Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs deliver the sound the artists originally heard in the studio when these classic albums were recorded. These discs provide all the recorded musical information. While convenient due to their small file size, today’s heavily compressed music files do not represent the true fidelity of the original album.
• Recordings are transferred from the original master tapes and delivered in high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio
• No compression is utilized, and the sound quality is vastly superior to MP3 or standard CD
• Three separate choices of audio file format for playback: PCM 2.0, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1 available where noted)
• Your preferred audio format is chosen either by pressing the "Audio" button on your Blu-ray remote or via your onscreen menu display
Nina Simone was one of the most extraordinary artists of the twentieth century, an icon of American music. She was the consummate musical storyteller, a griot who used her remarkable talent to create a legacy of liberation, empowerment, passion, and love through a magnificent body of works. She earned the moniker ‘High Priestess of Soul’ for she could weave a spell so seductive and hypnotic that the listener lost track of time and space as they became absorbed in the moment.
1965's I Put A Spell On You is one of Simone's most famous albums, a pop-oriented collection highlighted by a smoldering string ballad interpretation of the Screamin' Jay Hawkins title track and a dramatic take on the Broadway favorite "Feeling Good." The inspired 12-song set is rounded out by suggestive blues numbers like “Gimme Some” and “Take Care of Business” and her sophisticated versions of material by French songwriters Charles Aznavour ("You've Got to Learn") and Jacques Brel (""Ne me quitte pas").
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs:
Audio is taken from the original master tapes and mastered in 24-bit/96kHz resolution with a choice of three sound formats: PCM, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio. You can finally enjoy the music in the fidelity originally experienced in the studio.
• Simply load the disc into any Blu-ray device and it starts to play, just like a CD
• No video needed: Blu-ray remote allows track selection and preferred audio format
• Alternately, use your onscreen display to select tracks and preferred audio format
Nina Simone I Put A Spell On You Track Listing:
1. I Put a Spell on You
2. Tomorrow Is My Turn
3. Ne me quitte pas
4. Marriage is for Old Folks
5. July Tree
6. Gimme Some
7. Feeling Good
8. One September Day
9. Blues on Purpose (instrumental)
10. Beautiful Land
11. You've Got to Learn
12. Take Care of Business