Kenny Burrell: A Night At The Village Vanguard New York 1959 CD Import 2012
Digitally remastered and expanded edition including bonus tracks. Contains Kenny Burrell's complete original LP A Night at the Vanguard presenting the guitarist in a trio format with Richard Davis and Roy Haynes performing at the Village Vanguard, in New York, on September 16-17, 1959.
Four extra tunes from the same engagement have been added here as a bonus. These four songs complete all of the existing music from the date and appear here for the first time ever on CD. Essential Jazz Classics.
- "All Night Long" - 5:15
- "Will You Still Be Mine" (Matt Dennis, Tom Adair) - 4:24
- "I'm a Fool to Want You" (Frank Sinatra, Jack Wolf, Joel Herron) - 4:40
- "Trio" (Erroll Garner) - 4:20
- "Broadway" (Billy Byrd, Teddy McRae, Henri Woode) - 4:18
- "Soft Winds" (Benny Goodman) - 4:17
- "Just A-Sittin' and A-Rockin'" (Duke Ellington, Billy Strayhorn) - 4:18
- "Well You Needn't" (Thelonious Monk) - 4:29
|Night at the Vanguard|
|24 April 2012|
|IMPORT-ESP ~ Discs:1 ~ Country:EU|
|Essential Jazz Classics|