Columbia Classics: Collection Volume 2 (4K Ultra HD+Blu-ray+Digital) 6 Discs 2021 Release Date: 10/12/2021
Celebrate six iconic films from six visionary directors.
- Limited Edition gif set includes fully remastered 4K UHD disc debuts for Anatomy of a Murder, Oliver!, Taxi Driver, Stripes, Sense and Sensibility and the Social Network
- Gift set also includes an exclusive 80 page full color collectible book with rare photos and insightful history of the included films
- Over 30 hours of special features: a mix of rare archival materials and exciting new content, including cast & filmmaker anniversary reunions for Stripes and Sense and Sensibility
- Also includes an extra disc featuring 20 acclaimed short films from the studio's library - exclusive to this set
Consider yourself right in when you watch this lively musical adaptation of Dickens' classic "Oliver Twist" that garnered six Oscars, including Best Picture. Mark Lester stars as the plucky orphan lad; Jack Wild is his pal, the Artful Dodger; and Ron Moody is the rapscallious Fagin. Delightful score from composer Lionel Bart includes "Food, Glorious Food," "Where Is Love?," "Consider Yourself," and more. With Oliver Reed, Hugh Griffith, and Shani Wallis. 153 min. C/Rtg: G. Taxi Driver (1976): Director Martin Scorsese's menacingly dark psychological drama follows NYC cabbie Travis Bickle (Robert de Niro) down a disturbing descent into madness, as he tries to impress a campaign worker (Cybill Shepherd) by assassinating a presidential candidate. Once foiled, Bickle turns his violent obsessions towards the abusive pimp (Harvey Keitel) of a preteen prostitute (Jodie Foster), with whom he has struck up an unlikely friendship. With Peter Boyle, Albert Brooks; scripted by Paul Schrader. 114 min. C/Rtg: R. Stripes (1981): Ten-hup! Hilarious military comedy stars Bill Murray and Harold Ramis (who also co-wrote) as a pair of losers who decide to enlist in the army where they, and the rest of their screwball platoon, make life miserable for a tough-as-nails drill sergeant (Warren Oates). It's a riot... that's the fact, Jack! With John Larroquette, P.J. Soles, Sean Young, and John Candy; look quickly for Bill Paxton. 107 min. C/Rtg: R. Sense And Sensibility (1995): Marvelous adaptation of Jane Austen's novel is set in rural England in the late 18th century, where the Dashwood sisters, Elinor (Emma Thompson), Marianne (Kate Winslet) and Margaret (Emile Francois), experience the joys and hardships of love while living in a cottage owned by their cousins. Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant also star. Thompson's script won an Oscar; Ang Lee directs. 136 min. C/Rtg: PG. The Social Network (2010): David Fincher directs this insightful tale, based on Ben Mezrich's book "The Accidental Billionaires," about the personal and legal dealings of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Jesse Eisenberg plays the frustrated young Zuckerberg, who as a Harvard undergrad created an online social network that revolutionized communication but in the process encountered numerous problems that may have cost him what he valued most. Justin Timberlake and Andrew Garfield co-star. 120 min. C/Rtg: PG-13.
- Starring: Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, Bill Murray/Jan Vogler And Friends, Bill Murray
- UPC: 043396573741
- Genre: Drama
- Release Date: 10/12/2021
- Product ID: CTR57374UHD
- Distributor/Studio: Sony Pictures
- Number of Discs: 6
- Weight: 3.45 lbs