Amy Winehouse: Back To Black Pure Audio Blu-ray 96kHz/24-bit Audio Only 2014 Audio Only Includes Hi Res Download
Clip is for sample only No Video On Blu-ray- Audio only IN STOCK
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs: No Compression, No Compromise
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs Offer True High-Resolution 24-bit/96kHz Audiophile Sound
Universal Music Group has gone back to the original master tapes to deliver fully uncompressed, high-resolution versions of many of your favorite albums on Blu-ray Pure Audio Disc. Mastered at 24bit/96kHz, Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs deliver the sound the artists originally heard in the studio when these classic albums were recorded. These discs provide all the recorded musical information. While convenient due to their small file size, today’s heavily compressed music files do not represent the true fidelity of the original album.
• Recordings are transferred from the original master tapes and delivered in high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio
• No compression is utilized, and the sound quality is vastly superior to MP3 or standard CD
• Three separate choices of audio file format for playback: PCM 2.0, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1 available where noted)
• Your preferred audio format is chosen either by pressing the "Audio" button on your Blu-ray remote or via your onscreen menu display
Amy Winehouse's second album, Back to Black, is one of the finest soul albums, British or otherwise, to come out in decades. Frank, her first album, was a sparse and stripped-down affair; Back to Black, meanwhile, is neither of these things. This time around, she's taken her inspiration from some of the classic 1960's girl groups like the Supremes and the Shangri-Las, a sound particularly suited to her textured vocal delivery, while adding a contemporary songwriting sensibility.
With the help of producers Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi, "Rehab" becomes a gospel-tinged stomp, while the title track (and album highlight) is a heartbreaking musical tribute to Phil Spector, with it's echoey bass drum, rhythmic piano, chimes, saxophone and close harmonies. Best of all, though, is the fact that Back to Black bucks the trends in R&B by being unabashedly grown-up in both style and content.
Winehouse's lyrics deal with relationships from a grown-up perspective, and are honest, direct and, often, complicated: on "You Know I'm No Good," she's unapologetic about her unfaithfulness. But she can also be witty, as on "Me & Mrs Jones" when she berates a boyfriend with "You made me miss the Slick Rick gig." Back to Black is a refreshingly mature soul album, the best of its kind in years!
Back To Black took home five 2008 Grammy Awards including Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album while Mark Ronson also won for Producer of the Year.
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs:
Audio is taken from the original master tapes and mastered in 24-bit/96kHz resolution with a choice of three sound formats: PCM, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio. You can finally enjoy the music in the fidelity originally experienced in the studio.
• Simply load the disc into any Blu-Ray device and it starts to play, just like a CD
• No video needed: Blu-Ray remote allows track selection and preferred audio format
• Alternately, use your onscreen display to select tracks and preferred audio format
Amy Winehouse Back To Black Track Listing:
2. You Know I'm No Good
3. Me & Mr. Jones
4. Just Friends
5. Back To Black
6. Love Is A Losing Game
7. Tears Dry On Their Own
8. Wake Up Alone
9. Some Unholy War
10. He Can Only Hold Her